Sunday, May 24, 2009

my hero

I spent this past weekend practically dead. I came down with some bizarro flu Friday (which I am still convinced was Swine flu) and am still feeling sick tonight, but I can tell I am now on the mend. My husband worked all day yesterday and I could do nothing but lay in my bed dying. I was so desperately sick that I put my 7 year old in charge of the girls...no easy task! But he did an amazing job. He kept them fed and out of trouble, reported to me what they were up to and brought me wet washcloths for my head. I even heard him issue a few timeouts that actually worked.

Thank God for our sons!

Today my husband and the kids went to a family BBQ and swimming and my sweet boy was worried about who would stay home with me to make sure I was ok. He even called to see how I was doing.

After they returned from the party, we sat in the backyard and had a fire, roasted marshmallows and popcorn. Boy told us the most elaborate stories about Batman and all of the Batman characters. He truly is an amazing gift.

And who knew The Penguin's real name was Oswald?

No comments:

Post a Comment