Friday, May 8, 2009

The Chart


The therapist has him tracking his emotions daily on a chart. She says this will help him start to associate what he is feeling with the type of emotion it is. I am attaching the chart and will explain it below...I think it will be hugely beneficial and may be beneficial to someone else also.

A few key points about the chart:
1. He has to go through the chart first, before bed. He marks the emotions that he felt throughout the day in a red pen. After, he explains to us what made him feel each emotion and how he reacted.
2. I go through and mark the emotions that I witnessed throughout the day for him. It may be the same emotions or it may be different emotions. The key is to point out the emotions that he missed throughout the day. Then I go through and explain to him when I witnessed each emotion in him and how he reacted.

The other thing that she discussed with him is the idea that Feelings+Thoughts=Behaviors

Feelings - feelings are never wrong, you are not in control of them
Thoughts - thoughts are able to be re-thought
Behaviors - behaviors are in your control, you can change them

No comments:

Post a Comment