Monday, June 22, 2009

blood work up - update

Boy tested positive for celiac disease. I just KNEW something different was going on with him. I haven't seen the doctor officially yet, but my guess is we will be treating this with a gluten free/milk free diet.

Initial thoughts: how will we survive this? I know we will, you always do whatever is necessary for your children...but how? I give huge amounts of credit to people who are doing this already for themselves or their children!

Next steps: we are going to meet with a gastro doctor and our own pediatrician to discuss.

This explains so much, so in one way the news is horrifying and in another it is a relief to just have the information so we can move forward. Moving forward with a diagnosis feels like you are accomplishing more than just eliminating and seeing what happens...I'm so not scientific enough for the "eliminate and see what happens"!

I will keep everyone posted and if there is anyone out there with recipes...I would much appreciate them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment