Thursday, April 16, 2009

new hope

I haven't written in quite some time because things have been insanely busy. Now I find myself recouping from back surgery with an amazing amount of time on my hands!

We started seeing the new therapist on the 6th and will see her every other Monday @ 11, which means I have to take him out of school for about two hours every other Monday. It initially sounds insane, but after the weeks we've recently had it now feels like a blessing.

It seems each day is progressively worse, which seems impossible. His anger/frustration is always at the surface of his mood and is easily set off. He is more and more set in his ways. The littlest things set him off. The therapist put together a treatment plan that will focus on two main categories- anxiety & social awareness. Under each are many subcategories. I am beyond hopeful that we will soon have the techniques to help him cope.

I also am working on food allergy testing and official sensory processing testing, but there are so many hoops to jump through! It is increasingly frustrating.

With all of that I am still intensely hopeful...that's what we have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment